Ten People Run for Guwahati Lok Sabha Seat


Guwahati: The political landscape in Guwahati is heating up as ten candidates have submitted their nominations for the upcoming Lok Sabha elections.

Six Assam Candidates Excel In UPSC Civil Services Exam 2023

Representing various parties and as independents, these candidates include Mira Borthakur Goswami from the Indian National Congress, Amitabh Sarma from Ekam Sanatan Bharat Dal, Arpita Chowdhury as an Independent, Deepak Kumar Boro from Voters Party International, Kazi Nekib Ahmed as an Independent, Colonel Gokul Chandra Singha as an Independent, Samad Choudhury from Bharatiya Gana Parishad, Shejon Goyari from Bohujan Maha Party, Bijuli Kalita Medhi from the BJP, and Nayan Das from Bharatiya National Janata Dal.

Exclusive Interview With Sarbananda Sonowal: Promises Indigenous Protection

The Guwahati Lok Sabha Constituency comprises five assembly constituencies from Kamrup (Metro), two from Goalpara district, and three from Kamrup (Rural) district, totaling ten assembly constituencies. Notably, in the last Lok Sabha election, BJP secured 57 percent of the vote in Guwahati LS, while INC managed to secure 37 percent.

With nearly 60 percent of the vote coming from rural areas and the remaining 40 percent from urban areas, the Guwahati LS constituency holds significant electoral weight. As the stage is set for polling on May 7, candidates are gearing up for intense campaigning to win the trust of voters and secure victory in this prestigious constituency.

Leave A Reply